Our Job Roles
Form F Assessor
Here at Polaris Community, our independent fostering services are committed to providing the very best outcomes for each and every child in our care.
Due to expansion, we are seeking to appoint Independent Form F Assessors to provide support to our Fostering teams across the UK.
If you’re an empathic and understanding qualified social worker, who can produce high-quality analytic assessment reports and looking for a change then this could be the job for you.
What is the role of a Form F assessor?
Working with independent fostering agencies, like Polaris Community, your role would be to safeguard the outcomes for foster children by carrying out assessments of prospective foster families with whom children and young people will be placed.
In order to achieve this, you need to be able to produce and present high-quality, evidence-based, analytical fostering assessments and have a sound knowledge of child care legislation which includes the Children Act 1989, Fostering and Adoption Act 2002, the National Minimum Standards for Fostering Services, and Fostering Services Regulations.
You must also be able to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a qualified social worker.
- Have significant post-qualification experience in undertaking relevant assessment work.
- Registered with your country’s applicable social work council e.g. SWE and SSSC.
- Hold, or be willing to take out professional indemnity insurance.
- Willing to attend a mandatory induction day and training days.
- Have unrestricted access to your own transport and be willing to travel.
- Pass statutory and company checks as part of the assessment process.
- Ideally, have completed and taken to Panel at least one Form F Assessment previously.
Why work with us?
Working at Polaris is more than a career – it’s achieving extraordinary things every day. We’ve built a strong team of over 1,000 talented and ambitious individuals who are dedicated to making a difference to the 3,500 vulnerable young people we care for.
As one of the largest providers of children’s services, our range of services span the length and breadth of the whole of the UK. Our nurturing community works collectively to support the very best outcomes for each and every child in our care. We’re ambitious for our children and young people, families and staff, and believe in their futures.
Discounts with over 740 retailers, including...
Apply today and help make a difference to young people
Being part of the Polaris Community will provide the opportunity to work for several of our local and national fostering brands. We will review your application and get back to you - we aim to meet all candidates within a week of their application. For general enquiries please contact email@example.com