Area Camden provide young people with the facilities to expand their potential and develop their skills whilst living in a safe environment. From tackling self esteem to formulating a suitable care plan, Area Camden work with all their young people closely to help them achieve their goals.
our job roles
residential support worker
Supporting young people's emotional, social, mental and academic progression.
We provide highly nurturing, therapeutic children's homes for young people with a variety of complex needs. As a residential support worker in one of these homes, you would provide advice, assistance, and support to young people, and attend to their practical, physical and emotional needs. You will be an appropriate role model and work closely with them to address their difficulties and achieve their optimum potential.
You may be working with young people with challenging behaviour, so you will need to be flexible, resilient, honest and well organised, as well as committed to providing a high standard of childcare to help them achieve the best possible outcomes.
view vacancies our residential services
roles & responsibilities
A residential support worker's main duties include, but not are not limited to:
- Complete key domestic duties on a day-to-day basis that ensure a homely environment is maintained
- Encourage the development of individual interests and attitudes by planning, organising and participating in activities
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each young person in accordance with Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018. To assess individual needs and contribute to care and risk plans.
- Establish and maintain positive and trusting relationships with the young people
- Manage behaviour positively and assertively by working in line with specified care and risk management plans
- Consult with young people to promote the development of a healthy lifestyle
- Motivate and assist young people in developing and sustaining positive networks with adults and peer groups, including families
- Participate in the development, implementation and review of packages of care through team meetings, supervisions
- Attend, and where necessary advocate for the Young Person, in child care reviews
our residential care providers
North Lakes have been offering attachment and trauma informed care to young people via their therapeutic children's homes for over thirteen years. Their multi-skilled teams support children with many complex needs; nurturing both emotional health and wellbeing as well as social and academic success.View Site
Dove Adolescent Services
Dove Adolescent Services provide flexible, individual care packages for children and young people. Their network of small multi-occupancy homes and single occupancy Specialist Resource Units offer the flexibility to support vulnerable children of different backgrounds and needs.View Site
Headway provides child centered residential care for young people, enabling them to achieve their potential in a safe and stable environment. Based in the South West of England and Wales, we offer professional support to our young people who have often experienced neglect resulting in behavioural and emotional difficulties.
why work with us?
Working at Polaris is more than a career – it’s achieving extraordinary things every day. We’ve built a strong team of over 1,000 talented and ambitious individuals who are dedicated to making a difference to the 3,500 vulnerable young people we care for.
As one of the largest providers of children’s services, our range of services span the length and breadth of the whole of the UK. Our nurturing community works collectively to support the very best outcomes for each and every child in our care. We’re ambitious for our children and young people, families and staff, and believe in their futures.
< LIST BELOW TO BE UPDATED - NOT CORRECT >
Discounts with over 740 retailers, including:
Get in touch
Interested in becoming a residential support worker? Get in touch CTA/Form